When you replace your new Mac or PC, you will consider how to transfer your computer data to your new computer. Some personal files and folders, we can copy via USB drive or transfer them via wifi and cloud service. Some applications we can reinstall them on new computer, but some personal data such as bookmarks. Copying or transferring between two computers is difficult. Yes, we can log in the same browser account to sync bookmarks? In fact, we usually use more than one browser on the computer, so we need to reinstall different browsers on the new computer, or import the browser bookmark to another browser.
In addition, how to deal with the duplicate bookmarks, duplicate folders, messy bookmark sorting, the compatible of different computer OS and browser version. That's the point. Here we talk about transferring all browser bookmarks from an mac to a new computer. If you face similar confusion and are looking for better ways to solve these problems, this article will give you some solutions.
Use one browser
If you are using only one browser, I suggest that you can sign the browser account to sync the bookmark, after installing the browser on the computer. Or use the following method to manually transfer browser data to another browser.
1. Manually export and import bookmark html file
Each browser provides the function to export and import the bookmark html file, It support to save bookmarks into a bookmark html file, and add bookmarks from a bookmark html file. Here we take chrome as an example.
Open Chrome -> access menu Bookmarks -> Bookmark Manager -> click "⋮". It's in the top right corner of the Chrome browser window, you will see the Export bookmarks and Export bookmarks menu item, then choose Export bookmarks menu item.
2. Manually copy the browser bookmark data
Each browser store the bookmark data into a database or xml file, so we can choose to copy the bookmark database or xml file from the old mac to the new computer. Each bookmark file needs to be copied under the correct storage path, and here are different browser bookmark storage locations:
Safari bookmark location: /Users/userName/Library/Safari/Bookmarks.plist
Chrome bookmark location: /Users/userName/Library/Application Support/Google/Chrome/Default/Bookmarks
Firefox bookmark location: /Users/userName/Library/Application Support/Firefox/Profiles/d7f1xib8.default/places.sqlite
Opera bookmark location: /Users/userName/Library/Application Support/com.operasoftware.Opera/Bookmarks
How to solve the duplicate bookmarks, duplicate folders, messy bookmark sorting, the compatible of different computer OS and browser version
If you are using two and more browsers, you will face this problem, some same and different bookmark in different browser, here we use One Bookmark app to sync all browser bookmarks together and organize them, sort and remove duplicates, then export them into a bookmark file.
1. Download and install One Bookmark on your Mac computer.
2. Run One Bookmark and choose Manage All BookMarks Option
3. All browser bookmarks will list in One Bookmark, the current version supports Safari, Chrome, Firefox, Opera browser.
4. Click the Sort bookmarks by button to sort all browser bookmarks by host, name or bookmarkType.
5. Click the Manage bookmarks button -> Find Duplicate bookmarks to find and search duplicate bookmarks.
6. Manually select the duplicate bookmarks or click the Auto Select button to automatically select, then click the Remove selected bookmarks button to delete.
7. Click the Manage bookmarks button -> New Bookmark Folder to classify all bookmarks.
8. Multiple-select bookmarks, then click the Manage bookmarks button -> Move to Bookmark Folder to choose a folder, then the selected bookmarks will be moved into the selected folder.
9. After all browser bookmarks has been organized, click the Export bookmarks button to save them into a bookmark html file.
Next, you can copy the saved html file to new computer, and import the html file to any browser.
|More Related Articles|
About Fireebok Studio
Our article content is to provide solutions to solve the technical issue when we are using iPhone, macOS, WhatsApp and more. If you are interested in the content, you can subscribe to us. And We also develop some high quality applications to provide fully integrated solutions to handle more complex problems. They are free trials and you can access download center to download them at any time.
|Popular Articles & Tips You May Like|
|How to Recover Deleted Text Messages from Your iPhone||How to Extract WhatsApp Messages from Your iCloud Backup||How to Clean up Your iOS and Boost Your Device's Performance|