iTunes and iCloud backup are the two main solutions for backing up iOS devices. But all the backup data is encrypted and we can't see What's in the backup. Here we talk about WhatsApp and iTunes backup. For many WhatsApp users, they don't know much about backups, and they may ask if I made an iTunes backup, will the WhatsApp data be backed up as well? Includes WhatsApp chat messages, WhatsApp contacts, WhatsApp call logs, WhatsApp media files and documents. The answer is yes, and this article will show you how to display and extract all WhatsApp data from iTunes backup.
What does an iTunes backup contain?
All iOS system apps data.
- All photos and pictures from Photos.app, contacts, Text messages, iMessages, Call history, voice memos, Notes, Safari bookmarks, etc.
iPhone settings data
- AppStore data, App settings, Network Settings, gps information, wifi connection data, etc.
Third party apps data
- It depends on Which applications are installed on your iPhone. Some of the third-party applications we usually use are in iTunes backups. Such as WhatsApp, Instagram, Facebook messenger, etc. For WhatsApp application, iTunes backup contains all WhatsApp chat messages, WhatsApp contacts, WhatsApp call logs, WhatsApp media files and documents.
How to check your iTunes backup and backup information on the computer?
Open iTunes application -> Preferences... -> Devices -> Device backups. It will list all iOS device backups and backup date.
Display and extract WhatsApp data from an iTunes backup?
We recommend Fireebok WhatsApp Pocket to extract WhatsApp data from an iTunes backup. WhatsApp Pocket can backup and extract WhatsApp data from iPhone device, iTunes and iCloud backup. It support all WhatsApp data, including WhatsApp chat messages, photos, audio and video files, contacts, call logs. documents and more. Here are the steps to extract WhatsApp data from an iTunes backup.
1. Download and install WhatsApp Pocket on your computer.
2. Run WhatsApp Pocket, you will see all device backups are under iTunes Backups tab.
3. Select a device backup and click WhatsApp Chat to scan.
4. Once the scan is complete, we can preview all WhatsApp chat messages, WhatsApp media files, WhatsApp Call, WhatsApp contacts.
5. Select the WhatsApp chat or media files, then click "Export to" button to extract them on the computer.
|More Related Articles|
About Fireebok Studio
Our article content is to provide solutions to solve the technical issue when we are using iPhone, macOS, WhatsApp and more. If you are interested in the content, you can subscribe to us. And We also develop some high quality applications to provide fully integrated solutions to handle more complex problems. They are free trials and you can access download center to download them at any time.
|Popular Articles & Tips You May Like|
|How to Get Back Deleted Text Messages from iPhone?||How to Extract WhatsApp Messages from Your iCloud Backup||How to Clean up Your iOS and Boost Your Device's Performance|